Pharaoh Den


My name is Pharaoh Den, the 5th king of united Egypt's first dynasty, and I am here to tell you about the incredible life.

From a young age, I knew that greatness was destined for me. Born into royalty, I was raised with the knowledge that I was meant to rule over Egypt. And so I did, with pride and determination.

My reign as pharaoh began in grandeur as my tomb was built like no other before it, designed specifically to keep out any potential tomb robbers. The floor paved in stunning red and black granite from Aswan, a first of its kind architectural feat.

But enough about my tomb, let's talk about what truly matters - my accomplishments during my time on this earth. Inside those walls were discovered twenty labels made of ivory and ebony depicting images of myself wearing the double-crown of Egypt - an honor bestowed upon only the most powerful rulers.

And let's not forget the seal impressions found within my final resting place which provide evidence of one thing: that even early on in history, there were already lists confirming who held power over all others.

But perhaps most intriguing are the surrounding burial sites containing 136 individuals buried at the same time as myself. They were my attendants and servants destined to serve me in the afterlife forever. After my death they were strangled to death and buried in my tomb alongside me.


 Thank you for your attention today as we celebrate all things Den - a name that will forever be synonymous with strength, power and unwavering leadership.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Westcar Papyrus Stories

Mesolithic Culture of Nile Valley